Thursday, January 8, 2009

I think I solved the problem...

Okay, for the sequel...

I am going to avoid spoiler this time. As mentioned in my previous post, I was in the middle of conflicting story direction purgatory. I finally forced myself to finish the chapter. My solution - just go for style, push funny more than plot intricacy, and see what falls out naturally.

My problem with newspaper style writing simulation was solved (I think) by just assuming the reporter was a pompous gossip rag columnist. It made pushing funny much better.

And now that I have moved past this point in the book, I believe I have figured out a way to resolve the conflicting directions. Small spoiler: I think the second book will end with a cliff-hanger... which allows me to develop both stories at once, just sequentially deal with the outcomes.

Okay... let's see how it plays out...

No comments: