Sunday, May 10, 2009

Painting of General Horatio Crackerhead


I finally finished my painting of General Horatio Crackerhead. As stated in previous posts, he looks a lot like Teddy Roosevelt, with Chester A. Arthur's sideburns and mustache. I went with oil paint for this one. Working in oil requires more patience, as it takes forever to dry. However, much like acrylic you can fix anything. Further, it stays wet longer, which makes blending new layers of color together far easier. I also like the way the colors pop out a bit more.
As a side note on the sequel, I feel like I am indulging a horrifically overused cliche', but I just wrote a scene with a ticking clock. The whole scene felt so flat and devoid of any tension without that tick-tock countdown going. At least there is no "red wire? green wire?" dilemma... at least, not yet.

1 comment:

April Drake said...

hahahaha! i love it.