Monday, May 25, 2009

I just hit page 301... I celebrate with a table of contents, and title spoiler...

Okay, I just crossed the 300 page mark. I have hit the moment before the final, last scene of the book. So, to celebrate, I have decided to drop a few spoilers. Three, in fact:

1. The book ends with a cliffhanger
The second book does not wrap up and resolve itself. It dives right into the action of the third book. I dare not describe the action in the ending - because I really do believe it will be totally unexpected. I believe it works with the story, and make sense when viewed with the rest of it, but nothing leading up to this ending will give you any clue to how it is going to end.

2. Okay... here comes the title for book #2
Are you ready? I mean, are you actually ready? This is a legitimate spoiler. I have been wrestling with this one for a while, and it has taken a long time for this title to emotionally soak in, but I finally feel committed to it. So... the title of the book is: "Millicent Marbleroller and the Bear Monster Army"

3. And here is the table of contents... at least, so far...
The problem is that this book is too long as it is. It is all the way to page 300 by the time the last chapter starts, and that is just to leave it at a halfway point cliffhanger for the third book. I am anticipating doing tons of edits on this book to cut it back fifty to seventy pages or so. I might move some of the action and dialogue out of this book and to the third... but until I do, the chapter names and page numbers are as follows:

Prologue 3
Alone With the Music 5
More Music and Many More Bells 15
The Package 26
The Delivery 36
Jolly Good Toys 53
Work Begins 70
Bears in the Night 79
Investigations and Messages 87
Trouble Brewing 99
Interview with the Admiral 117
Back at Work 124
Into The Walls 132
Nobbins Story 153
The Orchestra In The Cellar 171
The Room In The Ceiling With No Doors 179
Back in the Kitchen 209
Civic Courtroom 15B 221
The Admiral’s Case 227
The Decision 237
Shadows In The Moonlight 246
The Other Way In 252
The Admiral’s Victory Gloat 262
The Clock Ticks 274
The Whistle That Saved The Day 282
The Roar of Engines 290
Standoff With the Admiral 299

No comments: