Monday, February 9, 2009

First real sale...

Not that sales of my book to people I know don't count, but they don't count. I mean, if I know you and you bought the book, that's not exactly the same thing as somebody who has never heard of me seeing the book in a store and buying a copy.

My sister-in-law is a manager at the Borders in Tukwila, WA. She got them to carry Millicent Marbleroller on consignment, and she put up a table display with a poster and everything. You just cannot beat the family connection. Anyway, I just got an email back from her that a copy actually sold. Wow... sold to someone I didn't know. Sold to someone who wasn't under pressure to be nice to me.

I haven't gone out and bought a boat yet with the profits (fwiw: the profits on that sale might buy me a burger at McDonalds), but the experience is sure fun.

No comments: